TGPS has conducted the thermal performance evaluation of fired boilers around the world. WE have experience with boilers using heavy fuel oil fuel or gas fuel boilers.
To conduct the evaluation of Coal Plants we follow the ASME PTC 4 Protocols and similar.
Our company has in stock large amounts of high-precision testing instrumentation to measure the main parameters around fired boilers and steam turbines.
The typical parameters of interest to calculate for contractual purposes are:
- Corrected Boiler Efficiency
- Steam Production
- Water Consumption
- Auxiliary Consumption
- Steam turbine efficiency
- Condenser performance (ACC, Water-cooled condenser)
Recently, several customers have been interested to understand better the start-up and shutdown costs of their units. TGPS has helped to determine these values in power plants around the world. For fired boilers the cold, warm and hot start conditions are evaluated.
Using all this information, our customers can take smart decisions for investment and maintenance purposes.
The typical test that TGPS conducts in Gas Turbines are:
- Contractual Acceptance Performance Test (New Units / Upgrades)
- Government Power Plant Performance Evaluation Programs
- Power Plant Diagnostic Performance Test
- Periodic Power Plant Performance Test
- Before and After Performance Test
- Start-Up and Shutdown Test
In addition to the above tests, TGPS can conduct the emissions test and acoustic test on coal plants and coal boilers